A CCUSA program can help your career or studies
If you are looking for the perfect student summer job, seeking the perfect University placement, or just looking for the next step on the career ladder, CCUSA has something for everyone! Not only will you have a great time on our programs, but the experience will help to boost your career and CV!
Enhancing your employability
"Making yourself employable is a big part of getting the job you want – good qualifications are only half the answer…. the other half is good experience, especially the experience of working in a new culture and country!" (Employability and Graduate Development Service)
When you are applying for that perfect job, you will be in the company of thousands of others, so it is important to make sure that you stand out and can offer practical skills and experience that employers are looking for. Working on a CCUSA program will help you develop exactly those types of skills and experiences thus enhancing your employability.
Participating in one of CCUSA’s programs (both working and travelling) will provide ideal opportunities for you to demonstrate to employers your skills in the following:
- the ability to work as part of a team and with people from different cultures;
- time management and responsibility;
- interpersonal skills;
- life skills such as independence, adaptability and maturity;
- leadership and communication.
Employers are typically more interested in applicants who have travelled outside New Zealand and have experience working in a different culture/country. This demonstrates an ability to accept new challenges and adapt to new environments easily.
Are you a student looking for the perfect University placement or project?
CCUSA offers programs from four weeks to 12 months in duration, which work within the timelines of most college/university course placement requirements.
Students studying teaching, sports related courses, nursing, social care, disability studies and religious studies would benefit from any of our Summer Camp programs working directly with children for up to 10 weeks.
Additionally, anyone studying Travel and Tourism, American Studies or Business related courses (to name just a few), would benefit from our Work Experience USA or Working Holiday USA programs, where you can select the industry you wish to work in for up to 3 months* (*Some industry restrictions apply for these programs based on J-1 visa regulations).
Not only will you have the best summer job/placement ever, but this experience will additionally provide excellent advantages benefitting you as a student, such as:
- GAIN practical hands on experience and put your classroom theory and learning to the test in a new and exciting community & culture;
- LEARN new valuable skills working with other students/staff from around the world;
- FIND the perfect course ‘work placement’ or dissertation/project, as well as boost your experience making your CV stand out;
- STAND OUT from the rest when applying for jobs! Working in a different culture/country shows initiative and independence, making you a more interesting candidate for employment!
Enhance your resume
Whether you are a student or already in the work force, participating on a CCUSA program will provide you with skills to take forward in life. And having an internationally recognized company like CCUSA on your CV will give you a huge advantage in your career path!